Faculty Maintenance Coordinator
- Responsible for maintaining and repair of all agency properties. Participates in the construction, installation, modification, maintenance, and repairs of electrical appliances, systems, facilities and related electronic controls of varying design or complexity.
- Meet daily with Supervisor to plan and prioritize maintenance issues.
- Responsible for van maintenance such as Oil change; tire rotation, and other services as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of company and buildings. Ex: Exterior and interior cosmetic maintenance. Minor plumbing, electrical, heat and air maintenance, and repair.
- Assist in the establishment of preventive maintenance programs for electrical and ALC systems
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes.
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled construction, maintenance, and repair tasks.
- Participate in the construction, installation, modification, maintenance and repair of electrical appliances, systems, facilities by interpreting blueprints, manufacturers’ specifications, written and verbal instructions.
- Checks and replaces all interior and exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- Checks and replaces all toiletries in restroom facilities. (Ex. Soap dispenser, paper products)
- Physically walks the property daily and removes litter, debris, cigarette butts and pet droppings from the grounds. It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times: Pathways, stairways, and breezeways, dumpster areas, recreation areas, grounds adjacent to the road, walkways to and from and in-between buildings, parking lot.
- Details property on a regular basis. Cleans and rakes shrub areas; use a blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush.
- Assists with other duties when requested by the supervisor.
- Performs interior and exterior painting duties when requested.
- Change locks rekey and make keys when directed.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Responsible for optimum use of resources, cost-effective methods/procedures and cost-reduction of all maintenance activities.
- Success at working with minimal management attention and achieving the needed results with ease, speed, and quality.
- Dependability and acceptance of increasing responsibility, as measured by management.
May review interior and exterior work locations that involve hazardous environments requiring protective equipment that conforms to OSHA regulations and some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, and noise.
May be required to work in confined spaces, on ladders and rooftops, and in adverse weather conditions.
BS/BA degree or working experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Salary – $15 – $18 an hour
- Job Type – Full-time
- Shift & Schedule – 8 hour shifts. Monday to Friday with Weekend Availability.
- May be exposed to potentially aggressive individuals.
- Some bending and stooping are necessary, otherwise normal.
- Normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like.
- Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s license & clean driving record (Required)
- Must be able to lift and/or carry items weighing 75 pounds.
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance